Book Title: Parenting Girls on the Autism Spectrum: Overcoming the Challenges and Celebrating the Gifts
Publisher: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
Author: Eileen Riley-Hall
- Girls Growing Up on the Autism Spectrum: What Parents and Professionals Should Know About the Pre-Teen and Teenage Years
- Aspergirls: Empowering Females with Asperger Syndrome
- Asperger's and Girls: World-Renowned Experts Join Those with Asperger's Syndrome to Resolve Issues That Girls and Women Face Every Day!
- I am an Aspie Girl: A book for young girls with autism spectrum conditions
- I Am Aspiengirl: The Unique Characteristics, Traits and Gifts of Females on the Autism Spectrum
- What Every Autistic Girl Wishes Her Parents Knew
- The Asperkid's (Secret) Book of Social Rules: The Handbook of Not-So-Obvious Social Guidelines for Tweens and Teens with Asperger Syndrome
- A Parent's Guide to High-Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder, Second Edition: How to Meet the Challenges and Help Your Child Thrive
- 101 Tips for the Parents of Girls with Autism: The Most Crucial Things You Need to Know About Diagnosis, Doctors, Schools, Taxes, Vaccinations, Babysitters, Treatment, Food, Self-Care, and More
- Women and Girls with Autism Spectrum Disorder: Understanding Life Experiences from Early Childhood to Old Age
This book is a celebration of all the wonderful and unexpected gifts that having a daughter on the autism spectrum can bring to a family. Each chapter offers encouragement and guidance on issues such as school, friendships, meltdowns, special gifts, family relationships, therapies and interventions. Having daughters on the spectrum presents unique and rewarding challenges and this book is packed with friendly advice and real life examples from a mother who has experienced it all first hand.
This positive, upbeat book is guaranteed to offer support to parents, grandparents and family members, as well as providing educators and anyone else working in a supporting role with an insight into what life is like for girls on the spectrum and their parents.